Oue food tour of San Francisco is in the Mission district which was originally home to Irish, German, and Italian immigrants.
The Mission District is now the epicentre of San Francisco's Latino culture.
The tour will allow you to feast on Mission-style burritos, lumpia, delicious seafood, sweats, treats, desserts and of course our mysterious secret dish!
At the end of the tour you will aware of the history, culture and food of the Mission's thriving culinary scene.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 6 stops & 12 people max.
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
01-Jul-24 - 30-Sep-24
San Francisco Mission district food tour
- We begin with a traditional Mexican Pan de Conch morning bread from a 65 year old bakery in the heart of the Latino District
- We'll take you to the best taqueria for a Mission style burrito.
- You'll enjoy local Bay Area oysters fresh from the shell
- We will visit a small San Francisco owned and operated chocolate factory and sample some of the goods! (Hint: it’s not Ghirardelli)
- View dozens of colourful, beautiful and customary murals that tell the story of San Francisco’s relationship with its people.
- As with all our tours, there's our delicious secret dish.
- A complete food & drink experience to understand the history of diverse Mission district of San Francisco.
- Enjoy the most typical foods and drinks in a single tasting experience from the different nationalities that have a foot print on the Mission district.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- Mission-style burrito
- Pan dulce
- Our delicious secret dish
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
San Francisco Food Tour Meeting Point
Meet outside of the Mission Cultural Centre, 2868 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110