Our Los Angeles food tour in the "Creative Capital of the World" for being at the forefront of food invention and adaptation. You will sample a wide variety of wonderful dishes created in the state.
While many of the influences of the dishes come from Mexico, you'll also find food with a French connection as well as connections to the Far East.
You will visit one of the coolest neighbourhoods in downtown LA, avoiding tourist traps to experience a true insider's view of the food culture of Los Angeles.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 11 stops & 12 people max.
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
01-Jul-24 - 30-Sep-24
Los Angeles downtown authentic food tour route
- We'll discover the oldest house in Los Angeles, built in 1818, before we move on to try our first local dish, a taquito with special local sauces and a delicious cheese enchilada.
- Next we'll visit a restaurant that has been in business since 1908 where we'll try an incredible hot French Dip sandwich with origins going back to the 1920's.
- At our next stop we'll taste succulent California style roast duck.
- We'll end with a delicious sweet treat as we walk back to our tours beginning.
- As with all our tours, there's our delicious secret dish.
- A complete food experience to understand the history of Los Angeles downtown neighbourhood cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical LA foods in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- Taquitos, chips and salsa, mexican cookie
- Mouth-watering cheese enchilada
- The best French dip
- Roast duck
- Sweet almond cookies
- Our delicious secret dish
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Los Angeles Downtown Food Tour Meeting Point
Meet at the Union Station near the information desk, 800 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA